teacher training - kundalini yoga
Plans are in process to offer this is in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Please email if interested.
Master yourself and awaken your potential!
This program is open to yoga students ready to become teachers and those who wish to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
The course focuses on foundations and awakening, and gives you a lifelong foundation for a successful yoga practice and provides the tools and comprehensive training to learn both the theory and techniques. You will gain the knowledge and self-confidence to make a difference in yourself and the world around you. You'll study and practice yoga while still being able to maintain your work schedule and activities.
Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga, arrived in the US in 1969 with a stated purpose: “I have come to create Teachers, not to gather disciples.” For over 30 years, he traveled internationally teaching Kundalini Yoga, the Yoga of Awareness. In 1969, he founded 3HO-Happy, Healthy, Holy Organization, based on his first principle “Happiness is your birthright.” Through The Aquarian Teacher Program, Yogi Bhajan has trained thousands of Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) Certified Kundalini Yoga Teachers. In 1994, the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA) was formed to further spread these priceless teachings through the united efforts of Kundalini Yoga teachers worldwide.
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it.
If you want to master something, teach it.” -Yogi Bhajan
You will develop the skills to instruct students in Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations as taught by Yogi Bhajan. You will practice teaching Kundalini Yoga in a practicum setting, participate in early morning Sadhanas (spiritual practice), and experience the powerful transformational energy of White Tantric Yoga. This is a 220-hour course, with 180 hours of classroom instruction and a well-defined curriculum:
|* Teaching Kundalini Yoga Postures, Kriyas & Meditation
* Role of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
* Yogic Philosophy, History & the Origin of Kundalini Yoga
* Yogic & Western Anatomy
* Humanology & 3HO Yogic Lifestyle
|* How to use postures (asanas), meditation, exercises (kriyas), sound (mantra) and breath to awaken your mind/train your body
* How to deal with stress, the yogic approach to healing and relaxation techniques
* How to develop a meditative mind for clarity and calmness
* How to use Mantra and sacred sound
* How to develop a daily yoga practice (Sadhana)
Cristin co-teaches part of the training, with Lead Trainer Krishna Kaur,
and other possible guest trainers and teachers.
Krishna Kaur, E-RYT, MSS, is an experienced and inspiring yoga and meditation teacher and community leader.
She is the African Training Coordinator for Kundalini Research Institute.
She studied at the feet of her master teacher Yogi Bhajan for over 35 years. She brings a passionate devotion to teaching.
She is founder of Y.O.G.A for Youth, and founder/president of the International Association of Black Yoga Teachers (IABYT).
She is from Los Angeles, California, but for travels regularly to teach, with special focus on Ghana and Togo in West Africa, where she offers Kundalini Yoga trainings.
You can learn more on her website.
KRI Teacher Certification Requirements
The KRI Teacher Training team reserves the right to grant KRI Certification based solely on their discretion and evaluation of each participant's readiness to be a Kundalini Yoga teacher. Evaluation is based on successfully meeting the KRI Teacher Training course requirements including, but not limited to:
• Full payment of course fees (scholarships or work exchange likely available, please inquire)
• Attendance in all 180 hours of classroom instruction, plus 40 hours of assigned homework
• Satisfactory practicum assessment
• Passing grade on KRI's written examination
• Current Associate Membership in IKYTA (included in cost of training)
• Completion of 20 Kundalini Yoga classes (during or after completion of Teacher Training)
• Completion of the assigned 40 day yoga set/meditation
• Participation in 5 morning sadhanas
• Attendance of one full day at a White Tantric Yoga course
• Proper representation of the Code of Professional Standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers
The training program includes Associate Membership in the 3HO International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA). You will automatically be upgraded to Full Professional Membership once you have completed the Teacher Training course and receive your Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) Level 1 Certificate.
This program also meets the standards for the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification set by the Yoga Alliance, a national alliance of diverse yoga organizations. KRI Certification is led by KRI Teacher Trainers who will help you fine tune your growth and gain a sense of excellence as a Teacher of Kundalini Yoga.